Announcing the publication of my new book!
I Am Her Daughter – The Healing Path to A Woman’s Power by Licia Berry addresses the unhealed Mother Wound in women, in culture, and in the world. The author shares her personal healing and offers strategies for women to reclaim their birthright of love and acceptance, with an eye on healing the global Mother Wound.
Are you a woman who:
• has difficulty trusting yourself,
• is often called “overly sensitive,”
• has difficulty setting firm boundaries,
• doubts that you are loved and lovable,
• rejects the wonder of your woman’s body,
• feels you must earn your right to voice your opinion,
• knows there is something wrong but can’t seem to name it,
• avoids intimacy with other women, having few close friends,
• is struggling to find your place and permission to be in the world,
• doubts your unique brilliance and suffers from a lack of confidence,
• has disturbing memories of your mother but is afraid to talk about it,
• mistrusts and has difficulty with other women, even though you seek their approval,
• has or had a challenging relationship with your mother (or even no relationship at all?)
“For many of us, especially women, the first wound – the Mother Wound –is the one that shapes our lives. It is a wound to every part of our being – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual – and it must be healed at all of these levels. It is a wound so profound that its healing can only be accomplished with the Divine Healer, the Divine Mother.
“Many among us have earthly flesh-and-blood mothers who do a remarkable job of embodying the Divine Mother’s unconditional acceptance, deep compassion, and profound understanding. Though they may not do it perfectly, these true mothers bestow enough of that Divine Mother’s essence to equip their daughters with a sense that they are worthy of being loved, that they are fundamentally good, and that their lives hold value and meaning. Armed with this conviction, those who bear no Mother Wound step into life better equipped to live into their own power.
“But there are others—too many others—for whom the reflection of divine mothering is clouded, broken, or downright absent. Such an absence creates a primal wound, one that we can spend our lives trying to heal. They may struggle mightily to attain the love and acceptance that is their birthright, knocking again and again at the door of a heart that will not or cannot be opened to them.
“In order to heal, the unmothered daughter must recognize that no earthly relationship has the power to fill the hole that is her first and deepest wound. Only the act of reclaiming relationship with the Divine Feminine has that power. To heal our primal wound, we must turn to the Prime Source.
“This book is about that healing process. It is a testimony to possibility. I Am Her Daughter is a tale of one woman’s experience and every woman’s journey on that healing path. It contains profound and powerful wisdom, deep reassurance, and vibrant hope.
“This book is for all of us. It is part prayer, part testimony, part spiritual teaching. But most importantly, this book shows the healing path to that joyful reunion, that precious reconnection with our original Mother, the one whose perfect love for us allows us to finally and completely love ourselves. And, being loved, to live fully in our own power.”
-from the Foreword